While many trends will come and go, class and style never go out of fashion. The races are about enjoying yourself with friends, admiring the fabulous fashion, a social drink or two and of course let’s not forget the actual horse’s racing and those lucky enough to win a bet or three.
It's important to choose an outfit that flatters your figure and that you feel comfortable and stylish at the same time.While fascinators and headbands are very on trend this may not work if you have fine hair or those headbands that annoy and pinch behind the ears. Sometimes a stylish hat does have its place and protects from the elements as well.
As a fashion tip I try and recycle hats and fascinators adding different elements each season, feathers, flowers, butterflies, coloured twigs, lots of these elements can be dyed or spray painted to match this seasons outfit and simply stitched on to your chosen hat, headband or fascinator.
Beauty programme for race day ready...
TOP BENEFITS OF WAXING
- Waxing lasts longer than shaving because it pulls the hair from the roots.
- For many, waxing makes the hair grow slower and finer.
- Waxing will make your skin feel smoother longer without feeling itchy, because of slower hair regrowth.
- Waxing is fast and convenient.
- Be organised and get your appointments booked so as not to have to have a rush right before and event.
- Waxing can be done up to a week before and still look great
Threading is a preferred hair removal technique for the face, here is why:
- Threading just pulls the hair, unlike waxing which pulls the skin, over time waxing causes the skin to loosen and develop premature wrinkles.
- Threading is suitable for removing fine as well as coarse, long as well as very short hair, which gives it an edge over many methods of hair removal.
- Threading can be used to eliminate a unibrow, raise the arch of the eyebrow, or add shape and definition to the brow.
- Irritation, skin rashes or excessive redness are avoided with threading, however the skin may get slightly reddish for a few minutes.
- Re-growth is between 2-4 weeks, depending on hair growth. This makes threading the most effective method of hair removal on the face for everyone. If you are looking for the best results, you need to consider threading. It is known to be a wonderful option for formal events, such as weddings or simply as an addition to a regular beauty regime.
V For Hair and Beauty Brow Henna tinting helps to make eyebrows more expressive, disguising gaps in plucked or receding eyebrows and the additional unique ingredients help to nourish and thicken the existing brow hairs as well as strengthening and protecting the hair. This is the perfect addition to your race day make up, best to have this service a couple of days before the big event.
Getting a facial every four to six weeks can make a big difference in your complexion. Think of it as a mini-retreat just for your face that helps erase all the anxiety, long days and longer nights from the past several weeks. Plus, you'll get some real insight into what's going on with your skin and what it needs to look its best once you leave. Have a facial a week before raceway, your skin will thank you when your spray tan and makeup are applied.
Pedicure and manicure-its Gel Polish all the way!
Gel pedicure and manicure a speciality at V For hair and beauty MerivaleWith so many different nail treatments to choose from it can be difficult to know just what product is best to use. Chroma gel polish is one such treatment and we love it!The biggest benefit when using gel nail polish is that it lasts much longer than regular nail polish. In fact, gel polish can last up to four weeks. It will not easily chip, break, or peel. There will also be no annoying smudges as the polish is cured under a UV light which makes the polish instantly hard.If your nails are particularly weak, or prone to splitting gel polish helps to protect them.When using regular acrylic polish the drying process can take up to an hour for the nail to fully dry. Non-acrylic polish takes even longer. These types of nail polish are more prone to smudges and chips because of the longer drying process. Gel polish dries in just seconds, freeing up the time to get on with your day. No more wasted hours wafting our hands about to dry those nails!
Race Day Spray Tan
- Having multiple coats won’t make your tan darker or last longer, if your desire is a darker tan ask for a darker tanning solution. If you still want even darker come back the next day for a second coat and the DHAs will keep processing.
- Pat don't rub, your skin dry to avoid rubbing your tan off.
- Wear nail polish or barrier cream so the tan won’t stain your nails.
- We provide G- strings which are optional, if going tropical think about your bathing suit and where the tan lines will be if using underwear will spray tanning. Our tanning specialists are truly professional and discreet, so no need to worry.
- Leave your jewellery off while your tan is processing.
- Have your race day spray tan done the day before and for best results sleep with your tan on then rinse of the next day.
Last but not least, your race day hair do!
Hair styled by Executive Stylist Daniel
Add in accessories and create your own individual look.
Hair styled by Stylist Director Kumar
Wear it your way, have your hair styled and really set off your entire look from head to toe. Add your chosen hair piece or hat. Look and feel fabulous all day.