While many trends will come and go, class and style never go out of fashion.
The races are about enjoying yourself withfriends, admiring the fabulous fashion, a social drink or two and of courselet’s not forget the actual horse’s racing and those lucky enough to win a betor three.
It’s important to choose an outfit that flatters your figure, suits you colour wise, and that you feel comfortable and stylish at the same time.
While fascinators and headbands are very on-trend this may not work if you have fine hair or those headbands that annoy and pinch behind the ears. Sometimes a stylish hat does have its place and protects from the elements as well.
Hats are making a huge resurgence for 2019/ 2020 races. As a fashion tip, I try and recycle hats and fascinators adding different elements each season, feathers, flowers, butterflies, coloured twigs, lots of these elements can be dyed or spray painted to match this seasons outfit and simply stitched on to your chosen hat, headband or fascinator. I find the $2 Shop, Spotlight and The Warehouse all great stores to buy flowers and accessories to glam up your hat. This is also a really easy way to bring in other colour elements that you can bring through in your shoes, jewellery and handbags.
Vicki’s top tips & suggestions to be beauty and grooming ready this Cup and Show Week.
Always choose a trusted professional for your waxing…V For Hair and Beauty Merivale.
- Waxing lasts longer than shaving because it pulls the hair from the roots.
- For many, waxing makes the hair grow slower and finer.
- Waxing will make your skin feel smoother longer without feeling itchy, because of slower hair regrowth.
- Waxing is fast and convenient.
- Be organised and get your appointments booked so as not to have a rush right before and event.
- Waxing can be done up to a week before and still look great
Threading is a preferred hair removal technique for the face, here is why.
- Threading just pulls the hair, then removes the hair.
- Threading is suitable for removing fine as well as coarse, long as well as very short hair, which gives it an edge over many methods of hair removal.
- Threading can be used to eliminate a unibrow, raise the arch of the eyebrow, or add shape and definition to the brow.
- Irritation, skin rashes or excessive redness are avoided with threading, however, the skin may get slightly reddish for a few minutes.
- New growth is between 2-4 weeks, depending on hair growth. This makes threading the most effective method of hair removal on the face for everyone. If you are looking for the best results, you need to consider threading. It is known to be a wonderful option for formal events, such as weddings or simply as an addition to a regular beauty regime.
- When having full face threading, it allows your make up to sit so much nicer on your skin.
V For Hair and Beauty, Brow Henna tinting helps to make eyebrows more expressive, disguising gaps in plucked or receding eyebrows and the additional unique ingredients help to nourish and thicken the existing brow hairs as well as strengthening and protecting the hair. This is the perfect addition to your race day make up, best to have this service a couple of days before the big event.
Getting a facial every four to six weeks can make a big difference in your complexion. Think of it as a mini-retreat just for your face that helps erase all the anxiety, long days and longer nights from the past several weeks. Plus, you'll get some real insight into what's going on with your skin and what it needs to look its best once you leave. Have a facial a week before raceway, your skin will thank you when your spray tan and makeup are applied. Also, keep an eye out for our Sensational Hot Deals on the V For Hair and Beauty website, this is an economical way to have regular facials...
Pedicure and manicure - it's gel polish all the way!
Gel pedicure and manicure, a speciality at V For Hair and Beauty Merivale.
With so manydifferent nail treatments to choose from it can be difficult to know just whatproduct is best to use. Gel polish is one such treatment and we love it!
The biggestbenefit when using gel nail polish is that it lasts much longer than regularnail polish. In fact, gel polish can last up to four weeks. It will not easilychip, break, or peel. There will also be no annoying smudges as the polish iscured under a UV light which makes the polish instantly hard.
If your nailsare particularly weak, or prone to splitting gel polish helps to protect them.
When usingregular acrylic nail polish the drying process can take up to an hour for thenail to fully dry. Non-acrylic polish takes even longer. These types of nailpolish are more prone to smudges and chips because of the longer dryingprocess. Gel polish dries in just seconds, freeing up the time to get on withyour day. No more wasted hours wafting our hands about to dry those nails!
Race Day Spray Tan
- Having multiple coats won’t make your tan darker or last longer if your desire is a darker tan ask for a darker tanning solution. If you still want even darker come back the next day for a second coat and the DHAs will keep processing.
- Pat don't rub, your skin dry to avoid rubbing your tan off.
- Wear nail polish or barrier cream so the tan won’t stain your nails.
- We provide G- strings which are optional if going tropical think about your bathing suit and where the tan lines will be if using underwear will spray tanning. Our tanning specialists are truly professional and discreet, so no need to worry.
- Have your race day spray tan done the day before and for best results sleep with your tan on then rinse off the next day.
- For more information on spray tans see our tanning page...
Race day hairdo
Daniel, Kumar, Fiko are all exceptional hair up stylists. Don’t forget to bring your hair accessories/hats/fascinator to your hairdressing appointment, so we can create the perfect overall look.
Wearit your way, have your hair styled and really set off your entire look fromhead to toe. Look and feel fabulous all day.
Personal styling services
I love to help you look and feel you’re very best; from knowingwhat really suits you, to helping you find it. Sometimes finding the rightoutfit is a major stress and one you don’t need. Does this happen to you? Itmay not be just for a special occasion, you may go to your wardrobe and nothingseems right, your body shape may have changed, or you have new life eventshappening and want to look and feel fabulous. Maybe you avoid shopping becauseyou can’t find clothes you love that make you look and feel great. You may havesome lovely clothes but just need someone to help you refresh your image. Well,this is where I step in with some expert help.
I am offering a FREE 15-minute consultation, we can do over a coffee. I have been helping clients with their personal style for many years. I believe it’s a privilege to work with you to achieve life-changing results. Whether you are simply seeking expert opinion to learn more about looking your best, maybe you want help with a one-off special occasion outfit, or a total makeover reinventing yourself. There is no better feeling for myself as a stylist than when I see the happiness in your eyes and smile when you look and feel amazing.