Curly hair naturally wants to be voluminous, and 2021 fashion is all about embracing and enhancing that. Consider your texture, face shape, and how you typically like to part your hair before you decide on which cut to go with. The perm is the biggest (and most surprising) hair trend for 2021?
The perm is back: there are not many other four-word phrases in beauty that could cause such a flicker of panic in even the hardiest of hair trend followers.
But for 2021, a softer, more modern approach to the permanent wave might be the solution you have been searching for to add volume and movement to your tresses.
When it comes to creating big and bouncy curls, a body perm is where it is at. A body perm will give you big curls that are not as tightly wound as the curls given by a spiral perm. These big curls look gorgeous, natural, and have an oomph factor of their own.
With A-list celebrities ahead of the curve, permed hair made a remarkable comeback last year, and the trend is going to be very hot in 2021. ... They are natural-looking, customizable, and gentler to hair, with a lot of treatment done to avoid hair damage. Body wave perms have been very popular recently! With their loose, romantic waves, the style still looks natural while still appearing neat and increasing the volume of your hair.
When it comes to curls and perming the terms can get confusing.Which will suit me? What will be best for my hair? Here are some of the many options available.
- Body wave.
- Spiral perm.
- Root perm.
- Multi-textured perm.
- Partial perm.
- Stack perm.
- Volumizing perms.
The best place to start is to look online, collect a folder of images you love. Then book a consultation with an experienced perming stylist, who will guide you in the right direction to achieve your desired results. It is not uncommon to need a treatment regimen before embarking on a new perm style.
Is there a loose curl perm?
A perm or Permanent wave is a hairstyle produced by setting hair in loose to tight curls or waves and then treating it with a special perm solution so that the style lasts for several months. ... The beauty of a perm is that it is customizable for the individual’s expectations and needs.
Are spiral perms in Style 2021?
Spiral perms and beach waves are the best options for fine hair as they immediately add volume. ... While beach waves look more casual and effortless and will not change the length of your hair too much, a spiral perm will give you defined, bouncy curls and make your hair look a lot shorter.
What is a piggyback perm?
The piggyback perm wrap uses two rods per segment of hair. Approximately half of the hair length (between scalp and mid-point of the length) is wrapped spiral fashion around one rod using an overlapping technique, then the ends of the segment are wrapped in croquignole fashion as with a traditional perm wrap.
How do I keep my perm curly? - Taking care of your perm.
- Wait to wash your hair until your perm has set in for at least two days.
- Do not comb your hair for the first 24 hours.
- Do not colour your hair for two weeks before and after you get a perm.
- Moisturize, moisturize, moisturize. Do not skimp on hair products, use professional prescribed hair care to maintain your locks and regular treatments in salon and/or at home.
- Avoid putting your hair in a ponytail before washing your hair, for the first time.
How to get a great perm.
- Choose a stylist/hair salon that really understands perming.
- Without being rude a lot of new/now generation hair stylists do not really know how to perm hair, and this can be disastrous.
- Have a consultation with your stylist prior to your perming appointment.
- Get your hair in great condition before perming, this is where a protein treatment will work wonders.
What hair care to use on your perm and curls? -
The Mad about Curls protocols combine gentle cleansing formulas with the revolutionary long-resistant Aquarine Complex. The formulas intensively moisturise and strengthen the hair, while providing a care shield, for touchable definition and protection against breakage and heat.