The only difference between Fringes and Bangs is where you live. If you live in America you have bangs, if you live anywhere else in the world you have a fringe....the term bangs originally referred to a haircut bang-off (straight across at the front), although the term is now applied to diverse forms of hair stylings.
What face shape can pull off fringes?
Oval faces have more length in the face than round but are still soft at the chin.
"Soft, blunt fringes cut straight across visually flatter oval faces," recommends Vicki Ogden-O’Fee Master Stylist at V For Hair and Beauty Merivale, also noting that they can draw attention away from an elongated mouth and chin.
“Fringes make you look younger by making your face look rounder and by hiding your forehead.”
That said, fringes won't always make you look younger...round shaped faces should go for a longer, side-swept style. And finally, square-shaped faces should go for side-swept or thinner bangs with side fringe to give a softer look.
How can I look 10 years younger at 40?
1. Have a great styled hair cut with a sexy feminine fringe that suits your face shape.
2. Get your teeth whitened. Since teeth darken as you age, yellow teeth are a good indication of your age...3. Control your weight...4. Dress young but don't overdo it...5. Get a good bra...6. Choose a hair colour that fits your skin tone and maintain it...
7. Treat aging skin...8. Switch to lighter makeup.
How do you keep fringes out of your face?
1. Sweep fringes to the side with an easy twist and two tucked-away bobby pins.
2. Try a simple waterfall braid and pin at the crown.3. Or switch to a twist and pin farther back.4. Pull your fringe forward and tuck it behind your ear.
5. Short locks all around? Why not go the whole way and have a sophisticated-on trend short hairstyle?
How long does it take to grow out a fringe if you want a change of style?
Depending on how long and thick your fringe is, it takes typically three to four months to grow out your bangs—and it also depends on your ideal hairstyle and how fast your hair grows.
How do you know if you suit a fringe?
You need to take advice from your hair stylist as to whether you will suit a fringe. You need to take in to account your whole look and styling regime. As I always say, “Good grooming takes effort, but the effort is worth it”. There is no use having a fringe cut into your style and, you want to "wash and go" with your style. Most fringes to look great will need styling with blow waving and the use of styling irons.
How do I style my hair while growing out fringe?
Growing out your fringe? Here are some hairstyle ideas to survive "The Stressful Phase".
1. Sweep them to the side.
2. Slick 'em back!3. Keep your fringe moisturised so it doesn’t look dry and ratty while growing out.4. Braid it up and clip in place.5. Pick a part.
6. Give them a lift with styling tools.7. Don't wear the same style every day.8. Invest in good styling products and hair spray.9. Accessories, accessories, accessories.