Here are my favourite tips on Lifestyle, Health, Fashion, Hair & Beauty that I thought I would share with you. I think it’s important to sometimes pause and write down what we want to achieve in life or be grateful for what we have achieved to keep us on track with where we want to end up in our journey.We all have times when life is going great and we all have times when curve balls are thrown at us out of nowhere. Its how we deal with these things in life that determines our future.One thing I have learnt is to "Never Give Up". Each day is a new day and there is always something to be grateful for no matter how small.
When you get into a tight place and everything goes against you, till it seems as though you could not hang on a minute longer, never give up then, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn. - Harriet Beecher Stowe
• Set goals and make lists. I also set longer-term goals and I do this by creating lifestyle vision boards I usually update these vision boards about every 5 years. It’s amazing to look back and see what you have achieved.
• We must take risks to challenge ourselves, if they don’t work out, we should learn from them not constantly talk about the failure.• The harder we work “the luckier we become”.• Water, water, water, drink at least 2.5l a day.
• Never leave the house with dirty shoes. My Dad always taught us “good manners and clean shoes costs nothing”.• Get out and network, join groups, meet new people.• Count your steps daily and aim for at least the healthy 10,000 daily steps. Plus, regular exercise.• Rise early to plan and be ready for the day.• Surround yourself by people who motivate, drive and support you.• Have regular health checks and do your best to make healthy eating choices.
• Plan holidays and or time out in advance so you always have something to look forward too.• Open a holiday bank account a little each week builds up.
• Create playlists of music that you love and that make you feel great.• Take home-packed lunches to work and school, they are more nutritious and save you money.• Family are precious, forgive even when it’s hard.
• Make good choices when buying furniture and collectables for your home. Purchase things that you enjoy, suit your style and personality and will have longevity. I have quite eclectic taste for things in my home, French, Italian with an eclectic twist. I really like having things in my home that are from memories of moments, places we’ve travelled or things we have done.
• Cushions are an economical way to jazz up and change a room.• Have a regular declutter of your home and work space.• Make special mealtimes at home, take time to set the table, use your nice glasses, crockery and cutlery.• Plan a road trip, even for the day.• Champagne is fine with fish and chips.• A good day’s work in the garden can be very rewarding.
Hair & Beauty
• Good grooming takes effort, but the effort is worth it.• Lipstick is a girl’s best friend.
• Your hair cut and colour should be what suits you and makes you look fabulous, not what your friends have or like, or the latest trend.• Always comb your conditioner through your hair.• Use Hair masques regularly prescribed for your hairs needs.
• Well-manicured and polished nails always lift your grooming look.• Always wash your makeup off at night and moisturize morning and night.• Look after your skin with in-salon facial and body treatments and at home.
• Find a foundation that suits your skin and skin tone and stick with it.• Henna brows and eyelash tints enhance us all.
• Invest in one good piece of clothing each season that reflects what’s on trend and what you love.
• Have good basic fashion items that are in your colour palette so you can mix and match…remember it’s not the cost of the item…its wears per item that counts.• Invest in clothes that suit and flatter you, not because of the size or sale label.• Scarves never go out of fashion and jazz up any outfit.• Accessorise your outfits, this can totally change the look.