This week is about celebrating cultural diversity in our community and workplace.
At V For Hair and Beauty and Vj Barbers Merivale, we pride ourselves on our multi-cultural team of Hairdressers, Barbers and Beauty Therapists. This gives great diversity and experience to our business culture.
We have staff from, New Zealand, India, Nepal, Ukraine and Turkey. We have also had staff members from Korea, Fiji, Scotland, England, Ireland and Poland. Many of these people have travelled from overseas to start a new life in New Zealand and get ahead in life. I have found that most are usually very dedicated to doing the best by their workplace, clients and community which gives a very good client experience. As a business owner I really embrace different cultures and like the vibe and customer experience, it gives our business. Having diversity means we all learn new skills from each other, we accept and embrace the different cultures and we work extremely well together as a united team.
Vicki, Master Stylist: Kiwi
Georgie, Salon Manager: Kiwi
Pam, Beauty Manager: Kiwi originally from India
Ashmi, Beauty Therapist: Kiwi originally from Nepal
Sophia, Receptionist: Kiwi
Sara, Executive Stylist: Kiwi
Daniel, Executive Stylist: Kiwi originally from Ukraine
Kumar, Stylist Director: Kiwi originally from India
Rachel, Apprentice: Kiwi
Gokul, Head Barber: Kiwi originally from India
Fiko, Specialist Barber: Kiwi originally from Turkey
Now of all times in our beautiful city of Christchurch New Zealand, we need to stand as one, love, accept and help each other. There are many and simple ways we can make time for each other, help friends, family and community. While not forgetting to look after ourselves at the same time. Here are a few simple examples:
- Sharing a meal with friends and family or go for a simple picnic or fish and chips at the beach
- Lighting candles at home to create a peaceful relaxing ambience and taking time out for you enjoying a relaxing bath
- Taking time out to read about new things
- Looking after our health and fitness, making time for you!
- Buying a stranger, a coffee or doing a small good deed for others
- Listening to your favourite music
- Give everyone a smile, even those you don’t know
- Pick flowers from the garden and give to friends and family
This week has been a moment in history that we will never want to see repeated.
But the one thing we should all celebrate and be so very proud of is how all communities and cultures have come together to help, support and protect each other.