Personal grooming is important, it’s the first impression we give others of our selves. Here are some tips so you will look amazing for the season ahead.
Be smart with your hair colouring
Here are some tips to make the most ofkeeping your hair looking spot on with minimal regrowth.
- For those with highlights have a toner at say 4 weeks to smudge out new growth and refresh your desired tone.
- When having foils and global colour make every second and or third visit for just a retouch root colour and a treatment for the ends to get longevity out of your colour.
- Ombre and balayage are still very on-trend and easily disguise new growth.
- If the silver whites creeping in switch to our latest technology smooth blending colours, these have no /minimal regrowth lines.
- When having a high lift blonde tint have this done every three weeks for best results as the lessor the new growth the better the lightening process.
- Use our Early Bird Club for 50% off colours.
V for Hair and Beauty Merivale, it’s the early birds that get the best deals.
Make an appointment time between 8am and 10am Monday to Saturday for any of our hair colour services.
Mention Early Bird Club and all pre-booked hair colour services receive a 50% discount. This is the perfect way to maintain your existing colour and waxing services at an economical rate.
All our beauty services are offered at the EARLY BIRD CLUB.
All work done by qualified stylists.
Regular beauty maintenance
Get regular facials
A facial is a skin treatmentfor the face that can cleanse your pores, exfoliate, rejuvenate, nourish andleave your skin feeling smooth and healthier. Our therapists give you a fullskin analysis to make the decision of what the right facial is for yourindividual needs. The multi-step facial process varies depending on what typeof facial you or the therapist have requested. Gettinga facial every four to six weeks can make a big difference in your complexion.Think of it as a mini-retreat just for your face that helps erase all theanxiety, long days and longer nights from the past several weeks. Plus, you'llget some real insight into what's going on with your skin and what it needs tolook its best once you leave.
- Threading can be used toeliminate a unibrow, raise the arch of the eyebrow, or add shape and definitionto the brow.
- Threading is much kinder to theskin and is considerably less painful than other methods of hair removal.
- Threading lifts the hair fromthe follicle, therefore if it is done on a regular basis, it weakens the hairfollicle so hair growth becomes less dense over time, and new hair will growfiner and sparser.
- Re-growth is between 2-4 weeks, depending onhair growth. This makes threading the most effective method of hair removal onthe face for everyone. If you are looking for the best results, you need toconsider threading. It is known to be a wonderful option for formal events,such as weddings or simply as an addition to a regular beauty regime.
Withsummer just around the corner, now’s the time to embrace waxing.
To makesure you get the most out of your session, Vicki Ogden O’Fee from V For Hairand Beauty Merivale gives us the following tips on waxing.
Letit grow. Therefore, it’s best to get your first leg, bikini or Brazilian waxwhen the weather is still cool enough to wear pants: you need about aweek-and-a-half to two weeks of hair growth. Of course, “it depends how fastyour hair grows, but we usually recommend about 1 cm [of hair].
So, embrace the fuzz and let it grow. On the plus side, consider this the last time you’ll ever have uncomfortable stubble because anything that grows post-wax will be soft, fresh new hair.
Oncethe gel pedicure is properly done, you will get beautiful nails thatyou will be able to use for a long time. Here's why getting one is worth it.Gel pedicures usually look decent for four to six weeks, depending on yourtechnician's skill level and the product that was used. There is no worry aboutsmudging your freshly painted toes, the UV light dries the gel instantly youcan leave the salon with your shoes on.
Be abeautiful bronzed goddess all year round, at V for Hair and Beauty Merivale, wehave a purpose-built spray tanning room. Our premium service, surroundings andhygiene standards set us apart from others in the industry. We use only thebest tanning products, it’s not a case of one tan suits all so we will consultwith you to meet your tan desires.
Let us make you a beautiful bronzed goddess all year round, who wouldn’t want to look radiant, confident and stunning, after all at V For Hair and Beauty Merivale We don’t just do hair “We do beautiful”.
Know your colours
A Personalised Colours & Body Shapeconsultation with Personal Stylist Vicki Ogden-O’Fee is yoursecret weapon, fashion accessory.
- Discover how to look and feel your best every day.
- Have a wardrobe that works for you, looks great on you and gives you confidence and style.
- Have colour as your secret weapon, a no-cost item in your wardrobe.
- Save yourself time, money, energy and reduce waste. Shopping is easier, discover how to choose the right colours for clothing, jewellery, footwear and sunglasses.
For many of my clients, this has been life-changing. I will teach you how to select the right colours, giving you style and confidence to realise your full potential.
- Body shape analysis, so you know what style and fit of garments are best for your individual body shape.
- A full-colour palette consultation and your personalised season colour fan to take away.
- Full hair colour and style consultation.
- Advice on beauty and skincare treatments.
- Makeup colours.
- Complimentary email follow-up for those questions you may have after your initial consultation.
Always have lipstick on hand
Lipstick draws attention to the lips and makes them stand out. Lips are considered a sensual part of the body and highlighting them can make women more attractive. Some women may wear lipstick to feel better about their appearance. You care about the rest of your look when you're wearing lipstick, so once you swipe on a colour, you'll also put a pinch of extra effort into your hair and your outfit. People compliment women who wear lipstick. ... Wearing lipstick means you'll take better care of your lips in the way of exfoliation and hydration. Lipstick is a good way to brighten up an outfit if you are having a casual grooming day a soft subtle lipstick gives the look a little extra polish. It gives a glow to your face and when in the correct toning for your skin can accentuate your eyes.
Enjoy the summer days ahead.
Great grooming takes effort, but the results are worth it.
Vicki Ogden O’Fee