Henna Brows ~ The hot trend in eyebrow enhancement.
by Vicki Ogden-O’Fee, Master Stylist/Personal Colour Analyst & Image Consultant
Henna brows ~ You will love the results! No more daily eyebrow pencil. Henna brows give the brow a great shape and are excellent at enhancing your eyes as a feature, really opening the eye up.
There are several reasons to use henna for eyebrows. The fact that it is considered a natural alternative to other chemical dyes and is plant based make this an appealing option for colouring the eyebrow hair and creating a skin stain.
V For Hair and Beauty Brow Henna tinting helps to make eyebrows more expressive, disguising gaps in plucked or receding eyebrows and the additional unique ingredients help to nourish and thicken the existing brow hairs as well as strengthening and protecting the hair. Henna acts to coat the hair with the colour, smoothing the outer layers of the brow hairs giving the appearance of thicker and darker hair. Aside from being a naturally derived product Henna does not require an oxidising agent to penetrate the cortex and deposit colour into the hair. With the eyebrow tint, we use a traditional dye and peroxide mixture, and it is designed to only tint the hairs, not the skin. Henna will not only dye the hairs but will leave a stain (for approx. up to 2 weeks) on the skin behind the brow, giving the brow a fuller and filled in look. In terms of longevity, eyebrow tint lasts up to 4 weeks on the hair, Henna brow can last 6-7 weeks on the hair.
Henna brows, a striking defined look. Here are the guidelines for the perfect eyebrow shape.
At V for Hair and Beauty we use only the best products, our Henna’s are sourced form the best suppliers globally, this is not a one product suits all and we various colours and brands to achieve the best outcome for all our client’s needs. Eyebrow Henna and is a natural based product that has not been tested on animals and is classed as vegan as it does not contain animal bi-products.
Preparation of the eyebrow is extremely important, and we advise for the best results to not have had a traditional brow tint 10 days prior to henna brow tint. We prepare the skin with professional brow cleansers and then prime the brow prior to application.
On the day you have henna brows done they may feel a bit dark or obvious, this settles after 24 hours giving beautiful long lasting, eye enhancing results.
It is also vitally important to have your therapist give you a great shape prior and after Henna tinting to remove unwanted hair. Threading is by far the best way to achieve this, giving a clean precision look.
Threading is our preferred method of brow shaping for a defined look.
- Do not use strong eye make-up removers for 48 hours as they may strip the colour - Please note that oil based makeup remover can cause the henna stain to fade faster.
- Do not rub, pull, or pick at the area treated.
- Do not allow shampoo or conditioner on the brows for the first 24 hours.
- You will want to go easy with your eyebrows when cleansing to extend the life of the stain on the skin. Obviously, if you scrub, peel etc in that area, the stain behind the brow is going to disappear much faster. Also exercise caution when applying any type of skin care products containing exfoliators (topical acne medications, retinol, lightening products, alpha hydroxy acids, etc) Keep all these away from the brows as they will strip them of their colour.
- Avoid heat treatments/facials that involve steaming for 24 hours.
- Avoid sunbathing for 24 hours, as this can cause the henna to fade or lighten.
- Avoid swimming/saunas for at least 24 hours after your treatment.
- Exposure to the sun/UV lights for long periods can cause the henna stain to fade quicker.
Frequently asked questions on Henna Brows~
- How do I know whether to book for brow tinting or Henna brows?
If you are someone who does not normally wear any brow cosmetics (or very little) and prefers a subtler look to your brows, then start with the Eyebrow Tint.
If you are accustomed to a very defined and filled in eyebrow and like a richer colour, go with the Eyebrow Henna.
- Can Henna be used on the lashes as well?
Yes we offer Henna lashes as well at V For Hair and Beauty, they look very dark and striking.
- If I want Henna, does it matter whether I book Eyebrow Tint or Eyebrow Henna?
YES!!!! It DOES matter. In terms of length of service, these are not interchangeable. The Henna service takes our therapists longer. So please be sure to select the correct service when booking.
The results speak for themselves, beautiful henna brows.