- Spray tans last about a week, give or take. Some people get really longevity out of a tan, but they really look after it as well!
- Shower and exfoliate well before your spray tan. This is the key to a good long-lasting tan.
At V for Hair and Beauty Merivale, we offer a full body exfoliation when having a spray tan for just $25.
If exfoliating at home we have several products available in store, Pure Fiji body scrub that can be used daily prior to spray tanning, or for a good instant exfoliation we recommend Pure Fijis Sugar body rubs available in several fragrances.
- The colour won't just wash off, for best long-lasting results we advise that you follow the specifications of your tan and you can sleep with your tan on before showering, this gives your spray tan optimum time to develop a natural glowing bronzed tan. There will some residue left on your bedding, but this washes away with normal washing powder.
- Apply lotion every day to keep your skin well moisturised, we suggest a pigmented body lotion or tan extender or topping up your tan with a tanning mousse.
The tint of the tan when it first goes on is a guide only your true tan will process for up to 12 to 24 hours. To give the DHA enough time to fully set, it is recommended to wait a minimum of 4 hours after a spray tanning session or 12 hours for optimal results. Showering sooner may diminish the intensity of the tan.
Spray Tan Hints and Tips
- Having multiple coats won’t make your tan darker or last longer, if your desire is a darker tan ask for a darker tanning solution. If you still want even darker come back the next day for a second coat and the DHAs will keep processing.
- Pat don't rub, your skin dry to avoid rubbing your tan off.
- Wear nail polish or barrier cream so the tan won’t stain your nails.
- We provide G- strings which are optional, if going tropical think about your bathing suit and where the tan lines will be if using underwear will spray tanning. Our tanning specialists are truly professional and discreet, so no need to worry.
- Leave your jewellery off while your tan is processing.
- Spray tans are completely safe to have while pregnant as they are made up of DHA. DHA is made up of sugar can and over decades of its use there have been no problems.
- Don’t be afraid to look tanned all to often we hear girls say they would like a natural tan, but your tan needs to have some depth, you don’t want to look like you haven’t even tanned after the tan dye guide has washed off. Our staff are experienced to guide you with this.
On the day of your spray tan
• After having your spray tan do not get any water, moisturisers, deodorant, perfumes, lotions etc of any kind on your skin until after you have had your first shower.• Avoid exercise on the day of your tan as sweating will make your spray tan run until your first shower.• Swimming and spas are fine with a spray tan but will reduce the life of your tan. (obviously only after your tan has processed and you’ve had your first shower)• Wear baggy loose fitting dark coloured clothes to your tan visit to avoid rubbing while your tan is processing, we also advise to not wear a bra while your tan is processing.
How long will my tan last?
- In general, your spray tan will last around a week (5 to 10 days) but it will start to gradually fade before this time. This is because the skin will naturally continue to regenerate itself and old skin cells will be sloughed away to reveal paler skin beneath.
How long do you have to wait to shave after a spray tan?
- Waxing and shaving exfoliates the skin, so it should be done one day prior to your spray tan. You can shave after your spray tan but note that it will fade your tan faster. Waxing will fade your tan even faster than shaving.
How long does it take for a spray tan to show?
- The entire process takes approximately 15 minutes, you will begin to see results around 2-4-hour mark, the solution will continue to develop up to 12-24 hours after your session.
Why would I have a spray tan?
- Ball season.
- To blend out strap marks from a summer tan.
- Weddings, giving you and your bridesmaids a beautiful glow.
- Body building.
- New Partner? feel confident look hot!
- Tropical holiday.
- Blend skin blemishes.
- Disguise cellulite.
- Healthy glow.
- Look Beautiful.